Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Will a weather loach eat an Algae Eating Shrimp?

Posted By: Nate Jones <natej@comcast.net>
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2003, at 5:37 p.m.

I have one weather loach right now, which is located in my "quarantine" tank, (a 10 gallon temporary storage tank) mostly it is there because i got tired of re-planting my plants. so i moved the loach to "jail" for a bit to make sure that the plants got a chance to take root. since his departure from the tank, the snails that were merely an annoyance have become a rampant raging disease. i know that when i put him back in the tank, the snails will slowly disappear, due to his voracious appetite for the tasty invertebrates. Now, my question is, will the loach also commence eating the 3 yamato Algae Eating Shrimp i have added in his absence. they are there only to help control algae, and are doing a fair job of this, and because of this i dont wish to add the loach back until im sure it wont eat the shrimp. any help or feedback will be thoroughly appreciated.

Nate

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.