Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Tentative River Tank Design Layout *PIC*

Posted By: Gareth Dominy <gdominy@msn.com>
Date: Monday, 27 January 2003, at 6:31 p.m.

Here is how I am thinking about aquascaping the river tank. I would like to use mostly rockwork to cover the bottom, leaving nice gaps and crevases for the fish to enjoy. This tank will be modestly planted, as I want it to look as natural as possible. In fast moving water you dont see too many plants in extreme current so I will use plants simply to highlite areas of the tank, or to show movement (to keep the tank animated even when you cant see fish).

The tank will be 4 feet long, 1.5 feet wide, and 2 feet tall, so this will allow for some nice large rocks to hide the powerheads and sponge filter. I will be using the same Baffle design that others have show here, with some changes to improve water flow (I will show you what I mean once I have the Physics equations worked out).

I think 2 802's should be enough to drive this tank, but I may go higher.

Messages In This Thread