Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Caught something interesting on Camera! *PIC*

Posted By: Gareth Dominy <gdominy@telus.net>
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2003, at 3:48 a.m.

I went to feed the tank tonight, and the strangest thing caught my eye.... On the right hand side there was this "large" pile of gravel/sand. "That's odd" I thought to myself and took a closer look.

*Flash*

The Tiger loach has apparently dug himself a cave of his own (and was quick to show off his defenses!). He was getting hassled by the clown loaches and was feeling shy the last few days, its no wonder he built himself his own little fortress.

What the interesting thing about this was its location. The Tiger has positioned his cave so that any sinking pellets that fall near it, get blown in with the water current! All I could see was this pointy little nose darting out, grabbing the incoming pellets and then dissapearing! It was quite the sight.

I managed to get a shot of him peeking out of his cave when two of the Rostrata's swam by. Sorry about the image quality, it was an "on the move" shot.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.