Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

OT: Siamese Flying fox /loach compatability

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Tuesday, 28 January 2003, at 9:31 p.m.

Yesterday, I got a small 3cm (1.25") C. siamensis or Siamese flying fox to work on some of the algae in one of my tanks. Its tank mates include some striata and nigrolineata. Since I got the little fellow he has spent much of his time, after initially exploring the tank, hovering in a corner as if he is frightened of the bigger loaches. I have not seen the loaches bother or even acknowledge it's existence. I have also not seen the flying fox do much grazing. I am concerned that it will be too stressed out and not thrive in this tank. I can move it to another tank but really wanted to have it in the tank its in now. Is this normal behavior for one of these fish after having been in the tank for a day? Does anyone think it will settle in or are these a nervous fish. All the reading I have done on them mentioned that they are good community fish as opposed to the regular Flying fox(E.kalopterus) and can be kept singly. Anyone have any suggestions or input? I just hate seeing this cute little guy so stressed out.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.