Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Is my Black Molly sick?

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 January 2003, at 4:32 p.m.

The Black Molly I got to eat the Staghorn Algae in my main tank is in her 5th and last day in my quarantine tank with Aquari-sol as an Ich preventative.

Since day one she has been eating well, but the last few days she has been spending more and more time at the top of the tank. Now she is always at the very top.

Back when I was killing fish (before forums) I'd seen them hanging around the water input or even seemingly gasping at the air above the tank. This is not happening, but she's right up at the very top of the water.

Also her gills could be a little enlarged and she could be breathing hard... or not. I can seem to see this but don't really know what a Molly normally l