Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Loach Twitching and Swimming at the top of the tan

Posted By: Malakai <shogun@obscure.org>
Date: Thursday, 30 January 2003, at 10:28 p.m.

Please help, I inherited a 75 gallon tank with a clown loach he is about 9 inches long and appears quite healthy however recently he has taken to swimming at the top front corner of the tank and twitching occasionally I have no idea what to do. In the tank I also have 1 bala shark, I lg plec 1 gourmie 1 ropefish, 1 irridescent shark and 3 cories. The tank is kept at or around ph 7.0 and 78degrees. He is the only clown loach in the tank because he is too large for my other school of clowns. I would hate to lose him and his behaviour is scaring me. He is still eating voraciously he just seems very obsessed with swimming on his side in the corner of the tank, The large irridescent shark I have is blind and also s