Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Pretty Little Loaches

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Sunday, 2 February 2003, at 6:25 p.m.

When I get my bigger tank and move my Clowns to it, I'm wondering if there are loaches that don't grow so big that I could keep indefinitely in my 10 gallon. I'd want pretty ones, like the yoyos or striatas I've seen pics of if I've got the names right.

I could go looking myself, but lists wouldn't tell me what else I want to know... are there any that don't eat plants. The Clowns nibble once in a while and it won't be a problem soon as the plants are now thriving. But I wouldn't want a fish that ate them all the time.

So I want pretty, small, and I guess meat eaters... well, just not MY plant eaters.

Oh, and a nice temperament. One of my favorite fish is the Red-Tailed Shark, but I've given up on them as they're always chasing other fish around. Pretty, but naughty.

Thanks, Peter

Messages In This Thread