Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Update!!!

Posted By: Mike Ophir <mophir@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 6 February 2003, at 1:20 p.m.

OK,
Here is the scoop. Apparently a wholesaler bought 50 of these Myanmar Botias last week in LA and sold them almost immediately. I call up my LFS and ask about what species of Loaches he has. He told me that he had 2 specimens in last week!
Man, the one week I don't call in the whole year and I missed out!!! :-( However, he said that they sold right away along with 30 something Sids, and said that he will be getting more, because people liked them. They were selling $45 each though.
Then, I got an email just now from Aquariumfish.net saying that they could get these fish in at $2.00 each for a 1"-1.5" specimens.
I think this is a great deal, maybe once in a million years.
So, I am proposing to gather another group here at LOL to email Aquariumfish.net, asking them to stock this "Myanmar/Burma new Botia".
I think that if there are enough requests made, they will get this fish in stock.
Does anyone else want this fish as much as I do.
I am ready to tear down my 55 gallon tank, which has nothing but a few Catfish anyway in order to get 10-15 of these fish for 2.00 each.
Any one with me???
Link is below

Let me know what you guys think.

Mike

http://www.aquariumfish.net

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives