Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Short Bodied Clown

Posted By: catjo <toewee@sat.net>
Date: Saturday, 8 February 2003, at 10:06 a.m.

I saw the pictures of the "short bodied clowns" on the homepage and thought, that looks just like mine! I have one that is about 3" and very deep bodied. The top portion of his tail is deeply forked or crooked. I have had this clown since he was tiny and he almost got eaten by a catfish I had at the time. He lived through it and I always assumed he was stunted after the trauma. He is very healthy (I've probably had him for close to 4 years) and lives in a 125 with 9 or 10 other clowns. He is more of a loner than the others but very outgoing and will come to the top and eat from my hand. He still seems to be growing but MUCH slower than the others. Some of the others he was bought with are well over 5" now. What do you guys think, short bodied, or stunted? His