Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

*seething mad* ICK again!

Posted By: Gareth Dominy <gdominy@telus.net>
Date: Sunday, 9 February 2003, at 5:37 p.m.

Well, last night I was watching the clowns and I noticed soemthing wasnt right, I could only see 5 of the 7 and they were acting very agitated. I pulled up a chair and waited for the other 2 to come out (it took about an hour). Two of them had Ick, Pip (the largest clown) had one sugar grain sized spot and a weird rash like peppering of spots on his nose. This is the part that really has me wondering.

This rash of small spots does not look like Ick (although I know the other infected fish are definately Ick ridden). I have not been able to get a photo of this (hes really skittish right now) so I will try to describe it the best I can.

The "rash" consists of tiny little spots raised from the skin, evenly spaced apart (about 1-2mm between them). Almost like a tiny clogged pore that is closed (they are not open sores or pits in any way, actual tiny raised bumps). Skin is not reddened at all, and the spots are so tiny its difficult to see them unless you are really looking for them.

I'm treating with Salt + Clout this time around, in the hopes to blast this bout of Ick out of this tank for good. I'm really quite P*****ed that I didnt eliminate it last time.

For those interested, this bout of Ick sprung back after I did two water changes, wich lowered the salinity levels in the tank (I didnt re-salt untill I saw the Ick). I have not added any new fish, so I can only assume that Ick was still present in one or two fish.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.