Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Brown/black spots on Clown Loaches

Posted By: Janene <jmccrillis@indra.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 February 2003, at 3:19 p.m.

I had some temperature problems in my tank and probably stressed my poor Clowns out, and now one of them has some 1/4 inch brown spots on his sides and another has some smaller ones closer to his belly near the front fins. I've noticed another scraping on rocks. Any idea what this is? I've talked to 2 LFS and not gotten any good guesses, except recommendations to treat with salt. Is this a form of Ich? The spots aren't white, though. They did stop eating for several days, probably due to water balance issues stemming from the temperature changes. They are starting to eat again, but not much.

I'm very new to fish keeping in general, so I'm a bit clueless. I have done 2 treatments for Ich, but now I think I may have wasted my time. Are they all going to die on me? I have 5 and they're only about 4 inches long. I really like them, too. :-(

One recommended I use a product called Stress Coat - is this worth it? Money really isn't an issue, here (within reason), but I don't want to put something in my tank that won't help things.

TIA!

Janene

Messages In This Thread