Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Power Outages

Posted By: Brad D.
Date: Tuesday, 18 February 2003, at 7:56 p.m.

I have seen on the news that many people along the east coast are experiencing power outages and will loose fish do to the cold. I have been struck by this tradgedy myself. Down in the dirty south atl two years there was an ice storm that knocked the power out in my neighborhood for 6 days. The air temprature in my house quickly plumeted to that of the outsides. My clowns, kuklis and cardinals all died- no survivors. My tank has just been rejuvinated with the help of my new neighbor who woks for seachem 3 months ago. I vowed to myself that no more fish would became fishsicles agian. I now have my own ups power system that I did myself that will last many days and is continusouly upgradeable with the nuber of batteris i use with it.

To make youre own you need to add up the power usage of all of the things