Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

earhtworm feast!

Posted By: john <jang793@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 21 February 2003, at 12:41 a.m.

I just bought my 2 dojos 2 days ago. I decided to try earthworms as food - dang! my biggest loach went nuts! As did my goldfish - they got into a tug of war match between the two of them.
I read someone's post (might not've been here) that they cut up earthworms and fed it to their loaches. I didn't do this (don't have it in me to do the cutting - yuck) and threw the whole 1.5 inch worm in the tank. it was quite a sight to see the worm attempting to crawl out of the Dojo's mouth. He waited and eventually gobbled it up a second time. Quite a sight.
I'll keep in mind where i get my worms as i read some pesticides or other chemicals can get into some soil and absorbed by the worm and onto the fish.
My soil is chem