Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

Concaved-head disease in clown loaches ?!?!

Posted By: Newguy K
Date: Friday, 21 February 2003, at 1:32 a.m.

Hello guys, haven't come here for a while, been busy with my practicum/rotation thing.

My battle with my clown's disease was not very succesful. Sorry because this is going to be a long post. Let me recap what happened.

My "new" (3rd) small clown started with some weird concaved line along each side of the head, with no signs of wasting in other parts of the body. He's then been gradually decreasing in strength and finally died without a trace in my tank while I was away.

After I was back I did some major water changes and maintenance. All other fishes including the two remaining original clown loaches were fine. Then all of a sudden one of them died within 2 days from an unknown disease. When I first noticed it he was already gasping and his body was covered with slime/fungus looking things.

So, having only one clown left, who is still