Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (4)

I GOT EM''!!!!!

Posted By: Mike Ophir <mophir@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 23 February 2003, at 3:39 p.m.

Hi all,
I just got back from Gills, a LFS in my area. Well, I entered the store and was at first dissapointed in not finding histrionica. HOwever while observing some 6" Horsefaced Loaches, huge guys, I saw a trio of histrionica swim by. I was really pumped. In addition, the kid catching them for me said there were two more up front. I went to take a look, and what I saw next nearly blew me out of the water.
Juvenile Emperor Botias!!! Up, two of them. The owner said that they came in as contaminants and wasnt sure what they were. I immediately recognized them as juvenile EMperor Botias, and brought along a photo that Kamphol took of the 2 incher which is in the species index, and he confirmed my suspicions.
Well, I asked him if they are the same price and he said:" Sure, they are only a mix up." Sweet!!!
And to make things even better, they were selling for $7.99, and the girl that was working there sold them to me for only $5.99.
I will definetly get pics of these guys, but not yet because they will not stop exploring the tank.
I am sure these are Emperor Botias, and they definetly are not histionica, rostrata, or Botia sp. aff. rostrata either, as they match none of those photos.
What a day!!!

Mike

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg