Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

red gills??

Posted By: Newguy K
Date: Tuesday, 25 February 2003, at 11:34 p.m.

I feel so beatened now :(

So I tried to help my loaches to rid of their weird diseases. If you missed my original post here it is:

http://aquaweb.pair.com/forums/loach/index.cgi?read=59579

My big clown loach is still alive and looking "fine" (from the limited time I get to see him) but he's still in hiding. Since all the fishes have been under all kinds of meds for so long and everything seemed better, I decided to give them a break, stopped meds and did a 50% water change, added carbon, that was 2 days ago.

But yesterday, I found out the gills of one of my 2 smaller clowns, the smallest one, have become very red! He was still acting okay and I thought since I've just put them off meds I'll wait and see. Well, today I came home and he's dead!

My biggest clown, the one that I was previously worried about is still fine yet hid