Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Getting Your Siphon Started

Posted By: peterinwa <peterinwa@attbi.com>
Date: Wednesday, 26 February 2003, at 11:02 p.m.

I couldn't find the old thread, but I once posted about how to get your siphon going. It led to a funny discussion about the safety of swallowing the water in your tank.

Someone posted something about dipping the tank end of the hose and not needing to suck on the bucket end, but I somehow didn't get it. I know others missed the point too because of the continued discussion on the possibility of sucking tank water into your mouth.

Almost by accident I figured it out. You just hold both ends level with the top of the tank and dip the tank end in a few times until there is a good amount of water in the hose. Then lower the bucket end and it starts siphoning.

The instructions that came with my siphon said to fill the whole thing with water by putting the whole thing in the tank which sounded messy. So that's how I got off on the wrong foot and started sucking on it. While my new method seems obvious in hindsight, not even the manufacturer had figured it out.

Now, all you smarty-pants that have been doing this all along, you don't need to post about it. I'm so proud of my discovery!

LOL,

Peter

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.