Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Warning: Automatic Garage Doors & Pets.

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Saturday, 1 March 2003, at 12:47 a.m.

I know this is non-fish related, but I need to do *something* right now. I feel pretty helpless. My daughter has been holding her cat for about an hour now crying her eyes out. "Boots" bolted between my feet out into our garage just as I pressed the garage door for it to close, as she's done a 1,000 times before. What's happened is that she will stay out in the garage or run for the door and trip the electric eye, sending the door in the open position. I thought she was in the garage, behind the car, so I entered the house. Some time later I went out to let her back in. She didn't respond to my call, as she normally would. As I went behind the car, I saw half of her body crushed by the garage door. There wasn't anything I could have done differently. She was too quick for me to stop her, and I thought that the electric eye would stop any harm if she bolted for the outside. I just wanted to pass this information on to you. If it saves one pet's life, it will be worth it. I feel terrible, and our thirteen year old is understandably devastated.

JL

Messages In This Thread