Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

rubbing loach

Posted By: Michael durnye <spydermsd@attbi.com>
Date: Sunday, 2 March 2003, at 11:03 a.m.

Hello all,
I have a Clown Loach in a 15 gallon tank. He was the last adddition to the tank and he entered Dec 13th. Other fish include a Chinese Algie Eater, two Corys & five small Tetras. All has been smooth until Friday morning when my Clown Loach (5") started to rub vilently on a rock. I looked very closely and there were no signs of Ick. I purchased him from an Aquarium Store that strickly deals with fish. I went to that store on Friday afternoon and told them about my dilema. They sold me Ick Guard. I treated the tank on Friday night at 6:30 with the ick gaurd. After the treatment I noticed that I probably should have used Ick Gaurd II. I called the store Saturday morning and asked them about this and they said no problem, just don't do the second treatment and leave the Carbon out for four days with no wat