Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT to python users!

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Thursday, 6 March 2003, at 7:37 p.m.

Hiya I just recently got fed up with water changes .. So I bought the faucet pump 4 foot 1/2 clear hose and those quick connect hose fittings with valve. I have put a snap fitting so I can use my Fav gravel vac tube as well. It works great but I don't want to re fill water directly into my tanks.So I'm thinking a 10 gal holding bucket for water treatment and a powerhead with to refill.
Now here is a thought what if bought a fertilizer sprayer instead.They hook to your hose and can be set to release a metered dose. I found one whose lowest dose is 2ml per litre.or approx 7ml per gal. You would have dilute most water conditioners to use do this though.

I figured out that for instance aquaplus 5mls per 10 gallons.
So if you dilute it 14 parts water to 1 part Aquaplus You could set the mixer to 2ml/litre or (7.56 ml 10 gallons).

Too complicated? but it would eliminate water refill hassles and your water would be treated...
Erik

Messages In This Thread