Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OFF THE TOPIC

Posted By: Greg Dunlap <gregandeileen@juno.com>
Date: Saturday, 8 March 2003, at 9:40 p.m.

I thought I would ask this due to the fact Susan and others are animal lovers-

The 'puppy' has gotten big. I have spent a lot of time training her, and she is very well trained at only 7 months. The only problem- chewing.

Her teeth are still sharp as razors, and she loves to be constantly chewing on something. We have tried several toys, and the ONLY one that holds up to "jaws" are the rope-toys found in petstores. These are the heavy rope ones with a big knot in it, about 1.25" dia rope and baout 18" long.

She even eventually chews through these, at $10 a pop ( a real ripoff!) I have tried several types of bulk rope from the hardware store- she chews through every type of 1.5" rope in about 3-4 hours.

Anyone have ANY idea what type rope the chewtoys are made from? She doesn't chew on anything in the house, as long as she has a toy to chew up, but the rope is the ONLY think she doesn't destroy in a few hours.

Know those rock-hard bones made of dried cow-hide? She chews those up and EATS them!! The rock-hard rubber bones? Lasted one day. Hard balls? A few hours. The rope has "give", so it has at least a chance!

A very beautiful, very intelligent and loving dog, but HELP! Where can I get some of that type of rope? Greg

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with