Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Update - what else can I do??

Posted By: Newguy K
Date: Thursday, 13 March 2003, at 4:48 a.m.

It's been 10 days since I started on Maracyn 1 & 2 for my clown loaches.

There's some clear improvements in behavioural symptoms. Both of them are hiding much less and eating better now. The bigger loach is eating almost as normal, while the smaller one is only eating bloodworms still.

However, the physical signs haven't improved much. The concaved region on their heads are not getting much better, if at all. The smaller one also has its gills turning quite red (looking from outside).

As I side note, the tank water is kinda looking ugly because of the desruption to the biological filter. I've made one water change during treatment and have been using Prime too.

So.... what else should I do? Should I continue the Maracyn 1 & 2 treatment, or try something else? I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not to do such a long term antibiotic treatment, and it's hurting my wallet too!