Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

:o( can anybody help?

Posted By: Diane Scott <chicagodiane@aol.com>
Date: Friday, 14 March 2003, at 11:47 p.m.

my well established 40 gal tank was home to 4 2-inch clown loaches, a small frontosa, 5 various catfish, a 4-inch redtail shark, 1 dojo, 6 tiger barbs, and 2 gouramis. everybody was healthy, active, and compatible for about 10 months. last month i bought 2 geophagus who in 1 week developed white spots on their fins. i quickly treated with Rid-ick - no luck. The store said all fish in the tank they came from all developed the same thing which turned out to be a bacterial infection they cured with paragon II. i tried. no luck. so far 1 geophagus and 1 tiger barb are dead. the 4 loaches are huddled together under a rock, covered in this white 'dust,' their fins shredded, not eating, and panting. the remaining geophagus looks terrible and the redtail shark is showing white spots. all the fish aren't eating well and they're throwing themselves into rocks, as though they're trying to scratch.

Can anybody advise me, please? We feel so helpless watching our fish suffer and die and the store is of no help. Thank you so much!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread |