Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clown Loaches & plants

Posted By: Eric <ericinvt@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 16 March 2003, at 7:55 a.m.

I'd like everyones opinion on adding loaches to my planted tank. I used to have 6 loaches in my tank from 1"-6" but they all died from a skin disease last year :-( At that time my tank was only very lightly planted and dimmly lit. Since I was too depressed about my loaches I moved onto making my tank a place for plants, tetras, and gouramis. I've increased the light a lot, added co2 and everything is growing really really well. Now I'm having visions of my loach family swimming around hiding in the caves and such. But I'd like to hear from as many folks as possible what their loaches do to their planted tanks......... are they a total terror? I have cambona, swords, val, anubias, java fern, ludwigia, red foxtail, crypts, and a plant that has formed a carpet all across the bottom that I can't think of