Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Anyone Here Ever Use "MelaFix"?

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Monday, 24 March 2003, at 12:07 a.m.

I picked up a small bottle of this stuff. I think it might be handy to have on hand, and I plan on using it with my Q-tank fish.

Here's some product info: "MelaFix using the antibacterial power of Melaleuca (the name for a variety of Tea Tree) for the treatment of bacterial infections in fresh and saltwater fish. The healing properties of Tea Tree extract have been known for centuries, and are now available for treating aquarium fish. MelaFix is so unique, that after more than six years of research and development, it was granted a Unites States patent."

Also: "...produced rapid repair of damaged fish tissue and fins. New growth was seen in as little as four days of treatment. ...is a safe and effective anti-bacterial medication for all freshwater and marine fish. Laboratory studies proved that MelaFix is safe for even the most delicate fish species including tetras, discus fry, and scaleless fish like the clown loach. ...will not harm the biological filter...will not color water and will not stain ornaments or silicone sealer...has no effect on pH...harmless to aquarium plants. Tested and used by Jack Wattley."

Snake oil? I dunno. I'm going to give it a try. I think it may be a good option for folks with sensitive loaches.

Comments? Anyone ever use this?

JL

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBB