Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT: Praecox rainbows

Posted By: SimCan <slockie@dwpv.com>
Date: Monday, 24 March 2003, at 4:05 p.m.

I am considering adding a small group of the above-captioned fish to my 110-gallon community tank, and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into their behaviour. In particular, I am wondering if they will school at all, and, if so, if they will hang out mostly in the mid-range (it is a tall (31 inches) tank, as the middle is a barren wasteland at present, which is what I am trying to remedy) of the tank. Also, is this a fish that would do well with only five of them, or would seven be better (well, obviously it would be better, but siignificantly so?).

I appreciate any input, and if you want to email directly to keep the board loach-specific, please don't hesitate to do so.
 <