Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Lost 2 out of 3 hillstreams :^(

Posted By: Felix Power <f.a.power@herts.ac.uk>
Date: Friday, 28 March 2003, at 9:44 a.m.

Sadly 2 out of my 3 hillstream loaches are no more. I don't know what happened to them as they have disappeared without trace. I guess I last saw them at the end of December. I assume post-christmas laziness leading to fewer water changes than usual may have had a lot to do with it. Or possibly that I've never seen them eat anything except algae. I kept expecting to find them behind a rock but I've searched high and low and there's no sign of them and I've been sure for a while now that they are no more.

Everyone else looks fine (3 single tailed goldies 5 white clouds, 1 gastromyzon punctulatus) though I also lost my smallest white cloud. He stopped eating and died in a very short space of time without any obvious lumps or bumps. I don't think I'll replace th