Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Poorly new loach

Posted By: Donna <gezday@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 31 March 2003, at 3:41 p.m.

I wonder if anyone can advise me? I bought a loach which I believe to be a Dojo, a couple of days ago. Everything seemed fine until this morning when he was seen to be lying on his side, on the bottom. If touched he will swim a short way and then keel over again. Over the course of today he appears to be getting two red lines around his body, one before, and one after his dorsal fin. he also appears to be a bit 'bent' around this area, and swims a bit 'wonky'. Is it possible that he has injured himself somehow. or is this disease? I have other coldwater fish in the tank and they are fine, although I have noticed that the temp of the water is sometimes quite high despite having no heater. Could this be the problem?