Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Botia Angelicus - ICH

Posted By: JBall <jlavoie@comcast.net>
Date: Tuesday, 15 April 2003, at 4:49 p.m.

I have been fighting on hell of a strand of Ich. I got three Angelicus 2"-3" long great patterns. They were in my Qtank for about 5 days doing great eating frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, getting nice and fat.
I noticed two of them had two or three "ich spots" on their fins. I didn't want to go crazy with treatment so I increase the temp to 86 degrees F and water changes from 25% daily to 50% daily hoping to "get lucky". Well, three days later the heater wasn't working so I added an extra that I had and the spots had increased (probably do to the temp drop).
I started treatment with Quickcure (always had great success in the past). Turns out the heater I added malfunctioned and the next ni