Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loachy Dances and weirdness

Posted By: Kristin <Smiley2501@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 16 April 2003, at 10:46 a.m.

I cleaned my tank thoroughly and made a 55% water change a few days ago, and ever since then my loaches have been dancing all day and everywhere. They have also been hovering vertically, with their noses pointing the gravel and floating upside down. The best to watch is when they demand more food (little pigs…) They actually pick up pieces of gravel and fling it against the glass!

Pokey (the leader and the biggest) leads the loachy dance and Chester, Hope and Sam do exactly the same as him and then all go to the bottom of the tank and rest for a few seconds and then dance again.

Every time I enter the room, they go absolutely wild and do everything and anything to make sur