Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

ASAP-questions-can/wet/dry filter system

Posted By: lizzy <lizlarson2002@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 21 April 2003, at 2:25 p.m.

Hi everyone,

It seems the only posts I make are questions. Hopefully some day I'll have some experience to answer more than ask?

Anyway, about this tank I'm setting up for my Dad. It's going to be a 6' long (about 18" X 18" or so) 125 Gal with sand, planted heavily on two sides with rocks in the middle. We're thinking of a canister wet/dry system as we want low maintence and I think the enclosed system will help slow evaporation, unlike our hang on filters. The problem is, is that we have no expereince with this kind of filtration system and I live too far away to help him with any problems he encounters. Do any of you have experience with these. Have you had any problems, such as clogging due to debris and/or algae/bacteria growth on the tubes. Do you recommend any brands? Thanks so much for the help. We plan on setting it up next week if we can get a filter soon enough.

Lizzy

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.