Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

RIP...The King is Dead.

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Monday, 21 April 2003, at 8:55 p.m.

Today I got home from work to find my Alpha Male Pseudogastromyzon cheni dead. He's the father of all the babies we bred over the last year or more.

For the last two weeks he's been showing incredible colour and strong markings and I thought he was working up to more spawning. I guess he went out in a blaze of glory!

He was probably about 4 years old and has travelled from SE Asia to England for a year or so, then to Canada in my carry-on bag where he eventually had his kids. Not a bad life eh?

Anyway, the good news is that the 3 Beaufortia in the River-Tank have for some reason been going bonkers the last 2 days or so. They are zipping all over the rear and end glass whi