Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loach tank troubles.

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Monday, 28 April 2003, at 6:08 p.m.

Well you won't believe this but after settting up my new 70 gal with water for 1 week it was fine then. THE day I trabferred all my loaches and filters and plants etc , the centre brace came off on one side!! I called seastar they it's not structural on the 70 gal tanks it's more for glass tops.
Then 2 days after that I find one of my 4 inch yoyos stuck sideways almost bent in half across the intake of my ac4000 powerhead. There is a grating on it but it is 1/2 inch inside the opening. OMG !!
I turned off the powerhead and scooped him up. NOT moving at all just a tiny gill action. I held his head/face into the outflo of my ac500 for 30 some odd minutes. He seemed to start moving so I let him go. He sank to the