Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Ongoing seastar tank saga

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Friday, 2 May 2003, at 12:32 p.m.

Well I still have my new sand bottomed 70 gal loach tank going.. I haven't been able to organize getting the replacement tank because of time constraints. In the meanwhile I have C clamped the centre brace together so it fine. But yesterday I noticed BABIES! . My platy dithers which were born last october have now given birth in the new tank.
The loaches did not eat them either, as I was able to gather 25 of them. It must have been the blackskirts tetras that ate them in my other tank I guess.
Also I had to take out my 6500k T8 bulb because it was way too bright for everyone. I put in a T12 Agrolight instead it is much dimmer and a bit yellow , but at least the loachies are calming down and coming