Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clowns have ich :-(

Posted By: Janene <jmccrillis@indra.com>
Date: Monday, 5 May 2003, at 5:43 p.m.

After doing a water change/cleaning yesterday, I settled down to watch my little friends and was shocked to see a blanket of white spots on all 5 of my clowns. :-((( I started treatment immediately with Nox-Ich (malachite green), 1/2 dosage and raised the temp a degree... it'd dropped a degree from the cleaning, apparently. I usually keep it around 80-82 and it was around 79. I do have some new angels that I've had for 2 weeks, and I think one of them was the culprit as I've already treated the tank for him a week ago - did 3 days of Nox Ich and he seemed to feel better, started eating again. But now my beautiful clowns have it.

Anyone have experience using Nox Ich with clowns? I've used it on them once before and they were fine, although I don't think they had ich, looking back on it. Can I go full stre