|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (5)
almost a fire in my house...
Posted By: erik <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 5 May 2003, at 9:22 p.m.
Yesterday I bought a sylvania agro light T12 48 for my 70 gallon. I also put it in one of those polycabonate cleat tubes to protect the bulb and aquarium from breakage. Well a cuple hours later I smelled burning plastic tracked it down to my 70.
Lo behold one of the tube was very hot and the tubes was melting and just about to drip in the tank.Plus it smelled like toxic fumes. I did a 50% water change and carbon to be safe.
BUT what the hell I have used those tubes B4 they have never done that ever...
I really liked the light it gave off too:((
Anybody else had tube failure like that??