Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT: update on the puffers for those interested :)

Posted By: Newguy K
Date: Tuesday, 6 May 2003, at 4:03 p.m.

My puffers are doing great! Well, maybe except for one..

I've decided to stick with what I have:
3 figure eight puffers, 1 green spotted puffer, 3 baloon mollies, 2 bumble bee gobies. (in 20gal)

The puffers gave me quite a few present surprised. Although I got the 3 figure eights at King Ed and they weren't in the perfect shape, they now look very healthy and fat =) And have you heard of puffers that attack flakes?? hehe... they sure aren't the picky eaters that I've known that for. Right now I feed them freezed dried baby shrimp in the morning and frozen blood worm at night and some occasional weird foods. (They are quite small 1-1.5" so I would stick with food twice a day until later).

Another weird thing is about my green spotted puffer. Supposedly they are the aggressive guys and the figure eights are most of the tamest among puffers. That, however, is the opposite in my tank, at least for now. Because I thought the green spotted would be more aggressive, I added him last to the tank (about a week after the figure eights and other guys). Guess what? He's one tame, sluggish, silly puffer. He won't even fight food with the mollies. The puffers nibble on each other and fight at food all the time, but he's the only one getting some actual damage on the fins :( I hope he'll do okay and finally find his grounds.

Well, that's it for now, thanx for reading :)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.