Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

BN fry

Posted By: robroy <robroy220@netscape.net>
Date: Monday, 12 May 2003, at 10:23 a.m.

This morning while feeding my fish I was surprised to spot a BN pleco fry. I had added six young BNs to an otherwise-loach-tank last year. The 'adults' are now maybe 3-3.5" TL and I thought too young to be spawning but apparently not. The tank is a 40 gal long and sits on the lower rack of a two-decker steel stand. The tank contains 9 Botia modesta (5 yellow tail, 4 orange tail) 3 Botia lecontei, 1 Botia helodes, 4 Kuhli and the 6 pleco.

The fry that I saw was less than 1" and I only saw the one, so far and don't know how many others there might be. The tank is quite dark having only the two 15 watt NO fluorescent lights and is packed full of bogwood and java fern so I never even see more than one or two of the adult plecs at one time a