Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

what to do?: angelicus

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Wednesday, 14 May 2003, at 9:19 a.m.

so quarantine is a couple of weeks along and the maracide treatment, two rounds, is complete today. A week from today I will be gone for two weeks...my husband will need to care for the tanks. he's not fond of doing water changes although I can get him to do some tanks once.

The dilemna is whether to move the border botias/angelicus to the 70 gal of water in the 110 tank where the clowns (5 who are about 3") already are established and there are 4-5 adult spawning rosy barbs....or to leave them in the 20L...not totally filled...maybe about 15g water in it....if I cannot get my husband to do water changes on this tank, I fear the nitrates will build to a high point. If I don't change the water for a week, they will be up to 20-25 (in the past)...with the increased feeding of these 4 (2 1/2"-4"), it could be more but probably 20-25 is a reasonable guess.

Does it make more sense to leave them where they are and try to convince him to change the water, say, every five days (about 1/3) or to move them within the next few days, so I can see how they adjust before leaving on Wednesday. In the last day or two the angelicus have been out and about completely at home in the 20L so I do hate to stress them by moving them...still...???

Last night I noticed the clowns and barbs having territorial disputes (so it appeared) so I think I need more hiding spots although there are a couple of wood items, many rocks and lots of low plants in this tank. Also since the substrate is flourite, it seems I should add an area of smoother rocks...have some quartz/silica that is fairly smooth...as they (the angelicus) like to bury themselves under a rock or other items and lie between it/them and the substrate...well, one anyway and the other three did this at the lfs. any ideas, thoughts, input??

tia,
barbara

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg |