Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

To Our Canadian Friends

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Monday, 19 May 2003, at 5:28 p.m.

I'm trying to work out a way that I can obtain a good quantity of the plant called Pellia endiviaefolia. It's a liverwort, and has similar requirements as java moss (attaches itself to rock or driftwood, survives well in low light, generally undemanding).

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, this plant is only available commercially through Tropica. At this time, this company does not deal with the U.S. because of some sort of inspections hoops that the company has refused to jump through. My understanding is that this involves the rockwool and it being a source other than the U.S.???).

Could you point me in the direction of a good LFS that sells Tropica plants? I'm attem