Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

"Loach Chew Toys?" and "Pajamas for loaches?"

Posted By: Tiger and Jaws
Date: Tuesday, 20 May 2003, at 6:51 p.m.

Hello people!

Loach Chew Toys:
I've got two clown loaches, Tiger and Jaws, who are very energetic, which is okay, but for the last couple weeks they've been chasing each other and clicking the whole time. Sometimes it looks like they are nipping at each other and I get worried, but they don't seem to have any injuries of any sort. So I read on a website that they like pieces of Zuchini weighted down with rubber bands, but I didn't have any zuchini, so I used cucumber instead. To stop cucumber juice from getting all over the tank, I soaked it for a while in the sink and stuff, and they loved it! At first they nipped at the rubber bands, but eventually went for the vegie. But today I noticed the cucumber was mushy so I removed it,