Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT--tiny hair worms?

Posted By: Shari <sanford@monmouth.com>
Date: Saturday, 31 May 2003, at 5:01 p.m.

Since there is such an abundance of fishy knowledge here I thought I'd ask a Q. Hope that's OK...
Anyone know what a tiny (less than 1/2 cm long) hair thin white worm floating in the water column might be? Got a couple of mystery snails to help with an algae outbreak a few weeks back now there are these little white worms squwiching around in my tank. first i thought some fabric fuzz got in the tank somehow until i saw them moving! the guppies are eating them and the angels ignore them. water params are all normal and water changes haven't noticably reduced the numbers. all the fish seem unaffected. they are disappearing in the guppy tank but not the angel tank. Took the snails back to my lfs today-