Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

It's gonna be a loach heaven I tell ya!

Posted By: Dave Guest <dsguest@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 3 June 2003, at 12:17 p.m.

Woo-hoo! After a year of "planning" I've finally started work on my fish room. It's a small affair... just an 8'6" x 6' garden shed but it'll be big enough for six 48*18*18 tanks on the back wall. They'll be on a central system with my old 40 gallon tank acting as the sump and my old 35 gallon tank as the header/refill tank. My current loach collection will then be rehoused in these tanks and there'll be room for LOTS more loaches :-)

There'll be room left over to build a 5' wide rack of tanks and a small 3' wide rack too, so anything from 6 large to ~20 smaller tanks is in the pipeline for the future.

So where am I at? Well yesterday the concrete base was built (complete with drain) and later this week the shed itself will be erected. It's going to stand 7'6" tall at the front with a pent roof sloping to 7' tall at the back so plenty of height to get in 3 layers of tanks. Hopefully I can get the 2" thick polystyrene insulation boards for the weekend and get it wired up by my electrician pal in 2 week's time. Then it's just a matter of building the racking and getting the tanks made to order with pre-drilled overflow holes etc.

I'm quite excited at the prospect of having room for more loaches for the 1st time in ages :-)

Dave

Messages In This Thread