Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT-sick praecox rainbow

Posted By: Shari <sanford@monmouth.com>
Date: Sunday, 8 June 2003, at 2:46 p.m.

Just spent all morning searching the web for info on rainbowfish diseases and came up empty on my symptoms. Does anyone know what disease could cause my male rainbowfish to swim nose up, loss of appetite and then death after @ 3 days? Color is good, no apparent ulcers, or slime problems, no white spots, no fin damage. I just lost one in the qtank today and now a second is swimming nose up. treated them with 2 tsp of melafix per day for the first few days and saw no problems so discontinued. i have 8 (now 7:-() rainbows in a planted 10 gal qtank. water is clear, no ammonia/nitrates ph is 7.0. Did a 50% water change today thinking i'm going to need to medicate but with what? I'm thinking it must be