Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

STATE OF THE FORUM ADDRESS

Posted By: Mike Ophir <mophir@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 9 June 2003, at 8:03 p.m.

Hi all,
Every year I reflect on what has happened in the past year or so, and oldies here will remember that.
Well, I have been on this board for a little over 5 years now and want to comment on a few things.
This forum has grown tremendously over the past 5 years, and we all have to give credit to Jeff Shafer for making it possible. He was the one who first put together this website in 1997 when I came across it, and in 1998 made this forum where loach lovers all over the world can communicate.
When I first came here, I knew virtually nothing about loaches, and was on a quest to find info on my small Skunk Loach which I had brought home from the local store.
Thanks to the knowledgeable people who contributed their experiences, observations and opinions, I have been able to aquire a wealth of knowledge on loaches and the fish hobby as a whole.
There have been many fantastic people that have come through here, and I dare to say that I have made quite a few friends over these last 5 years through this forum.
I visit almost everyday, and I always believe that no matter how experienced you are, and how many hours you spend doing research on fish, there is always something new to learn; every single day.
If it wasn't for Loaches Online, I do not believe that I would be aware that there are such a diverse amount of species and genera that I am able to look at through the Loach species index, an invaluable collection of photos and notes.
Most of all however, its the people who make this forum feel so friendly and together.
Though some members have gone on and are not as active as they used to be, their info and experiences have lasted to this day.

I thank all of you present and past for providing me with such amazing information on loaches which has bettered my research and knowledge on this group of fish.

Loaches Online has grown, adding new features and expanding the species index. It gets better constantly, and the efforts of Jeff Shafer should be commended. This is the ONLY true place for the best information on loaches on the web.

Thank you all again, and look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Mike Ophir

Messages In This Thread