Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

odd behaviour

Posted By: Kellinjar <kellinjar@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 June 2003, at 7:15 a.m.

I have a golden dojo loach, rescued it from the walmart fish department. Had him 2 weeks he's seemed good till now. He is acting odd though, yesterday he started laying on his side on the bottom, and sometimes he lays right on his back. At first I thoguht it was his swim bladder but he swims normally. If you touch him or another fish does he swims away normally. Sometimes he sits fine, the ammonia was a little high (.5-1 mg/1l) as per the test kit, I've done a 25% water change, and rinsed out the filter in my whisper power filter. I also added about 15 ml extra cycle as per the pet shop guys instructions (not walmart) All the other fish (9 neon tetras, 2 black mollies and 1 snakeskin male guppie) are doing fine in the tank, no abnormal behavior and all are eating. The loach has never gone to the surface to eat preferring to dig in the bottom after everyone else has fed. I always make sure a little falls through for him. I noticed about 5 tiny discolorations on his rear body, past his dorsel fin. Not quite bright white, but they appear as though they may be white... not sure if its ich or not. But he's not scratching or anything so the pet shop guy said it probably wasn't ich. Any ideas on why he's acting like that? No computer at home, leaving this message from the school I work at, would prefer an answer within a couple hours so I can hopefully fix him up when I go home, thanx in advance!!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.