Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Slowly deteriorating loaches, help appreciated

Posted By: Phil Williams <rhys@glue.umd.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 10 June 2003, at 2:30 p.m.

Hi, I have been browsing the board and it's a really great resource for one of my favorite fish.

I have six clown loaches in a 75G tank with two lake Malawi cichlids, they have been with me since February, 1994.

The smalles loach seems to be deteriorating and the others look like they are beginning to as well. He looks as if he is getting thin behind his eyes, losing weight as it were. He comes to eat and I see him eating, but the rest of the time he just wedges himself behind a pipe. This has been getting worse for the last two months, so it is something very slow. He also looks like he got scraped on the back of his body by his tail and it hasn't healed in a while, but it isn't red or inflamed in any way.

Now som