Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

starting a notebook

Posted By: Shari <sanford@monmouth.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 June 2003, at 8:45 p.m.

OK. observing carefully now. the flat tired yo yo (Big Momma-BM) has staked out the large central rock condo right under the water return of my penguin 170 in my 30 gal tank. what had been a major argument for the last two days is over-the two other loaches, one small and still unreticulated (LM for little man)and the other just beginning to reticulate but larger in girth and length have finnished their face off. the smaller one is dominant over the larger. the BM is dominant overall. the BM will allow the smaller to perch on the outer rock and will make kissy face at him (i think it's a him) and he kissy faces back. you know, she rolls out her lips, opens her mouth and splays out the barbels. looks pretty funny ! she will not even allow the larger one (LM for little momma) on the rocks. so i think i may have two females and a male yo yo. i think the male is fairly clueless and is maturing slower than the females but he probably has the right basic idea... i will be keeping a daily log of general behavior and water params. anything else i should do? any suggestions would be WELCOME! i know the likelyhood of anything coming of this is SLIM but i'll keep trak for a little while in an MS Word doc. in hopes of having something to contribute in the future.
Thanks to all you loach fans who got me hooked (definitely assimilated here...) hopefully there will be something worth contributing in the future. even if it's just that i discover a good treatment for constipation!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.