Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

please help

Posted By: stressmanplus
Date: Monday, 16 June 2003, at 8:08 p.m.

I know there is plenty of info in the archives & such but I was hoping someone might help from their own experience. I thought I had the ich under control, but the remainder of my loaches are dying. Is there anything I can do, there must be something in the tank that I cannot detect. I have lost four more clowns & the flying fox died overnight too, there is only one clown left that appears to be healthy, the three sids look ok, the horsefaced guys seem fine, two angelicus still look like they might make it, mind you I thought that about the bunch once I took out all the structure & cleaned the tank etc. If I set up a small hospital tank, should I use all fresh water?? I would really like to save some of my loach buddies. I want to get rid of my sand, I suspect it has something to do with it. Could an explosion of trumpet snails cause this? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.