Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clown Loach Newbie

Posted By: Allivymar <laluna_@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 June 2003, at 7:20 a.m.

Hiya folks:

Picked up 3 loaches about a month ago on the recommendation of a friend (was having MAJOR snails probs in my main tank). They spent 3 weeks in QT; one died within 2 days...I'm guessing he got spiked by one of the others as when I looked in the tank that morn he was was obviously dead (ie: not breathing) with one of his eyes just about destroyed (t'was fine the day before). The surviving 2 have absolutely thrived. Not a sign of ich, great color. They moved into the main tank over the weekend.

What I'm writing about is the behavior change since the move! Holy cow. They were a little active in the QT tank; occasionally scooting about but mostly spent their time in the loach motel. Moved em into the main tank and they have become (as someone described it on another forum) the ADHD poster ch